Job Opportunity – ICMP Public Affairs Executive
ICMP is the trade association representing music publishers’ interests worldwide. ICMP’s membership comprises Associations from across Europe, the Middle East, North and South America, Africa, Australasia and Asia-Pacific, as well as the leading independent, multinational, international and SME music companies around the world.
Foremost among ICMP's missions are to increase copyright protection internationally, encourage a better environment for the music business, serve as an industry forum for consolidating global positions and safeguard the interests of our music industry members.
More information at www.icmp-ciem.org
ICMP Public Affairs Executive.
This new role promises the successful applicant the opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and global industry. It is also a new role within our team, so the colleague will have latitude to mould the role according to their goals, ideas and methods.
- Institutional relations – building a close and productive network of professional relations with all relevant decision-making institutions;
- Monitoring of, reporting and acting on legal and regulatory developments worldwide e.g. on European Union legislation, WIPO and national legislatures;
- Carry out research on legislative and market issues as requested;
- Prepare reports for ICMP’s national, regional, global and commercial memberships and file summaries in English;
- Centrally contributing to ICMP’s lobbying. Responsibility to support those of our members;
- Responsibility as a liaison and coordination of ICMP’s Committees and Bureaux;
- Willingness to travel (in certain periods regularly; sometimes at short notice; both short and long distance).
- The role requires a legal background with qualifications to postgraduate level;
- Specific qualifications in the field IPR law (particularly copyright) will be to a candidate’s strong advantage;
- Qualifications in politics, journalism or similar fields will also be considered.
The successful applicant will:
- Bring a minimum of 5 years professional experience working in a relevant industry or comparable professional environment;
- Be very detail oriented and highly dedicated;
- Have an established network of relevant professional contacts;
- Be an excellent time manager. Particularly able to work to tight deadlines and quickly adapt as situations change;
- Be proactive and a self-starter;
- Someone always keen to evaluate our methods and ask: ‘how can this be done better?’
- Fluent English, both written and spoken, is essential.
- Proficiency in other languages (particularly French, German and Spanish) is an advantage, but not a requirement.
Outline of terms
- The salary will be negotiable based on experience;
- A compensation package will be agreed with added benefits and performance-related bonus options;
- The contract will be open-ended;
- ICMP will cover all provision of costs and required equipment.
How to apply/timing
- Your professional CV (max. 2 pages; in .PDF format) and;
- A cover letter (max. 2 pages; in .Doc format)
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 1 March 2019, by 4pm CET.
Due to standard volume, necessarily only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.